For all your Risk Assessment needs, contact MAKROSAFE now.
Below you will find the typical Hierarchy of Controls before PPE can be issued.
All employees need to be provided with adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) for their particular role. This equipment must be checked regularly for wear and tear, and must also be used according to strict guidelines and procedures. Equipment may only leave the workplace for replacing or repairing purposes, and employees must be fully trained on the correct use for each item.
MAKROSAFE / SAFETYWALLET / MY SAFETY SHOP are in Partnership
Click on the image below to browse the SafetyWallet Subscription Packages to suit your Business:
Here are the top 10 personal protective equipment list used for PPE:
- Clothing such as overalls, high visibility vests, life jackets and padded suits. Each employee must have their own set in the correct size.
- Respiratory protective equipment, including masks.
- Eye and face protection, for example safety glasses and face shields.
- Head protection with safety helmets.
- Hearing protective devices such as earplugs and earmuffs.
- When working at high levels, fall arrest harnesses.
- Skin protection (gloves and fire-resistant clothing)
- Protective footwear (safety boots and rubber boots with steel toe guards)
- Sun and heat protection when working outdoors (hats, sunscreen, shaded rest areas)
- Disposable protective clothing for working with chemical and bio-hazards.
Latest News - Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Risk Assessment - OHS Risk Assessment