MAKROSAFE’S First Aid Courses allows the candidate / delegate the opportunity to further his knowledge from Level 1, to a more advanced Level 2 to the essential live saving skills required from a Level 3. The MAKROSAFE First Aid Training Course will ensure your company’s compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993. Our qualified and experienced first aid Facilitator / Assessor will ensure that your staff members are equipped with the skills required to effectively approach emergency situations, with confidence. Be sure to call our team at MAKROSAFE for the highest quality First Aid Training – we will teach you exactly what to do when an emergency arises and by doing so, you may be able to help save someone’s life at work and even at home!
- Individuals identify and solve problems related to the prevention of complications with regard to injuries and mechanisms of injuries sustained, treatment to be provided, improvisation where equipment is available and referral systems.
- Individuals work effectively with others as part of a team, including other health workers and emergency services including Fire and Ambulance and disaster services. Individuals organise and manage themselves and their activities responsibly and effectively in a life support context.
- Individuals collect, analyse, organise and evaluate information about clients, family and the community with regard to signs and symptoms and make a correct diagnosis.
- Individuals communicate effectively with other health workers including casualty and other referral services, emergency services including Fire and Ambulance and disaster services.
- Individuals demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems with regard to community and community structures in managing emergency situations.
Can I apply First Aid outside my workplace?
Yes you can after you have completed and obtained a valid First Aid Certificate.
How long is a First Aid Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 certificate valid for?
After successful completion of First Aid Training Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 you will be issued with a certificate that is valid for a period of 3 years.
Can I perform CPR on a baby?
You cannot perform CPR on a baby in the same manner as on an adult, but you will obtain the necessary knowledge on how to perform CPR on a baby by completing a First Aid course.
Will I be able to identify the symptoms if a person is having a heart attack?
Yes, First Aid Level 1 training will provide you with the necessary information to identify symptoms of a person having a heart attack.
Can I get infected when assisting an injured person?
Yes, you must always ensure that you wear gloves or in an emergency where no gloves are available you can use a plastic bag to cover your hands.
For more information and support on COVID-19 please visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za