Health and Safety Rep Training Course
MAKROSAFE Holdings (Pty) Ltd
Is accredited by Saiosh as meeting the academic requirements for 2 CPD Credits
INTRODUCTION TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING COURSE
This Health and Safety Representative Training Course outlines the duties of Health and Safety Representatives. Elected candidates are responsible to understand the objectives and statutory requirements pertaining to health and safety in the workplace. The candidate will, after attending this course, be able to explain the rights, powers, functions, and duties of the workplace Health and Safety Representative, and how any incorrect health, safety, and environmental issues may be handled and also outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, Section 17 and 18. Such candidates will be able to participate in the safety, health, and environmental structures and measure such activities according to the relevant requirements.
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE SHE REP COURSE PRICE?
Please follow this link to My Safety Shop to obtain the current price. If you encounter any difficulties, please feel free to message us for assistance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS HEALTH AND SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING
- Line managers
- Subcontractors, and
- Candidates appointed as Health and Safety Representatives.
PURPOSE OF THE HEALTH AND SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING COURSE
To equip candidates with the necessary knowledge to describe the framework of workplace health and safety legislation, explain the relevant definitions and terminologies, and understand the importance of the impact to both the employer and employee regarding to non-compliance with relevant legislation. To emphasise the importance of conducting Health and Safety Representative activities, address the scope of authority and related issues within the appropriate level of the designated Health and Safety Representative.
To raise awareness into the structures of safety, health, and environment, consultative requirements, and the participation in activities.
COURSE OUTCOME OF THE HEALTH AND SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE TRAINING COURSE
Upon completion of this course, the candidate will be able to understand, and capable to demonstrate, through the safety, health, and environmental program:
- Conducting of internal health and safety audits, identify potential hazards, risks, and dangers
- Investigate incidents and make recommendations towards health and safety
- Conduct inspections and attend health and safety committee meetings
- Review the effectiveness of health and safety measures
- Identify potential hazards and major incidents, and examine the causes thereof
- Investigate complaints and visit incident sites, and attend inspections
- Attend any investigation or formal inquiry
- Inspect any document relating to health and safety matters, and
- Accompany an inspector and/or be accompanied by a technical advisor if approved by the employer.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REP TRAINING KEY CONTENT COVERED
The content covered in this course includes:
- Health and Safety Representatives accompanying a Department of Employment and Labour Inspector who is carrying out an inspection under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, Section 29, other than accident investigation, allowed as per the inspector’s discretion.
- The presence of the Health and Safety Representative, at the discretion of the inspector, and when the candidate requests, when interviews are being conducted relating to an accident occurrence in the workplace.
- Representations to the employer regarding safety, health, and environmental matters in the workplace.
- Verbal or written representations to inspectors, including investigation of accidents
- Receiving advice and information from inspectors related to safety, health, and environmental matters in the workplace, and
- Consultation and liaison with other Health and Safety Representatives appointed in the same workplace regardless of their working area or times.
The course is aimed at allowing the candidate to experience their involvement in day-to-day activities relating to that of safety, health, and the environment in the workplace in addition to observing how the company is ensuring the safety of its employees.
The identification of Safety, Health, and Environmental hazards by:
- Including safety responsibilities and accountabilities
- Solving of common problems
- Making decisions based on critical thinking when implementing or creating a safe workplace by ensuring management of consequences to the environment, and
- Evaluating any potential hazards and implementing required processes to promote the health and safety of employees and ensuring environmental protection.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REP TRAINING COURSE ASSESSMENT
The candidate attending the health and safety representative training course will be assessed against the outcomes of each element through the completion of a subscribed knowledge assessment. The assessment will cover the essential embedded knowledge as stipulated in the course and will ensure that the candidate can apply the learning to a working situation.
CONDITIONS OF HEALTH AND SAFETY REP TRAINING COURSE CERTIFICATION
Attending candidates must obtain a pass mark of at least 75% or higher is necessary in each Modular Assessment. Should these conditions have been met, the candidate will receive an accredited SHE Rep Certificate of Completion.
What is the minimum candidates that can attend the SHE Rep course per group at client premise?
A minimum of 10 candidates can attend per group.
What is the maximum candidates that can attend the health and safety representative training course per group?
A maximum of 20 candidates can attend per group.
When can health and safety representative training be done at the client's premises?
Training can be done at the client premises when there is more than 10 candidates attending the course.
Do you provide public training classes for the health and safety representative training course?
Yes, we provide public training if your company have less than 10 candidates that want to attend a training course.
Where does public training take place for the health and safety representative training course?
Public training takes place at the MAKROSAFE Training Center situated in Alberton.
Is your health and safety representative training course accredited?
Yes, MAKROSAFE Holdings has a valid HWSETA Certificate of Accreditation.
What is the SHE Rep course price?
My Safety Shop - Health and Safety Representative Training Course.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REP TRAINING COURSE DATES
Please select a region for available health and safety rep training course dates: