Hazardous Chemical Risk Assessment
This Additional Service involves a hazardous chemical risk assessment, which is an examination of what chemical, in your work or workplace could cause harm to people.
Overview of the Hazardous Chemical Substance Risk Assessment:
A Hazardous Chemical Substance Risk Assessment is simply a careful examination of what chemical, in your work or workplace, could cause harm to employees, contractors, visitors and general public, so that you can determine what precautions or controls are necessary to prevent harm.
Thousands of employees are exposed to chemical agents at work. If the exposure is not identified, analysed and properly controlled, it can cause serious illness, sometimes even death. The effects of chemicals may be immediate or long-term and range from mild eye irritation to chronic lung disease.
Hazardous chemicals include any toxic or harmful substance such as paint, pesticides, types of fuel, lead, asbestos, dust, fumes, cleaning chemicals and many others. These chemicals enter the body through inhaling, ingestion or by coming into contact with the skin.
What the Regulations for Hazardous Chemical Agents, 2021 - OHS Act (85 of 1993) states:
Conduct a hazardous chemical substance risk assessment every two years
Get an approved inspection authority to monitor air:
One a year for substances with a control limit
Every two years for substances with a recommended limit
Where the measured concentration exceeds the recommended exposure limit the area must be zoned as a "Respiratory Zone".
To prevent or control the exposure risk to employees put in place control measures for engineering and administration. Also ensure correct PPE is used at all times.
Provide medical surveillance for exposed employees.
Read the full Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, Hazardous Chemical Agents. 2021.
What to expect:
You can expect a thorough investigation of chemicals or substances you use in your workplace, what risks they pose and how employees can protect themselves from those risks.
Step 1: Hazardous Chemical Substances Surveys
These Surveys are conducted to determine the exposure of employees to chemical substances in the workplace and ensure their exposure to these substances is below the limits determined by OHSA legislation, minimizing hazards in the workplace.
Select the correct Hazardous Chemical Substances Survey below:
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Survey - 1 to 50 Employees
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Survey - 51 to 99 Employees
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Survey - 100 to 299 Employees
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Survey - 300 to 599 Employees
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Survey - 600 and More Employees
Step 2: Hazardous Chemical Substances Assessments
This Risk Assessment is done to determine the exposure of employees to chemical substances in the workplace and ensure their exposure to these substances is below the limits determined by OHS legislation, minimizing hazards in the workplace.
Select the correct Hazardous Chemical Substances Risk Assessment below:
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Risk Assessment - Less than 6 samples
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Risk Assessment - 7 - 12 Samples
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Risk Assessment - 13 - 18 Samples
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Risk Assessment - Max. of 24 Samples
Who will benefit:
Employers and employees both benefit as the control of hazardous chemicals or substances is crucial for a safe and controlled work environment.
What we offer:
Our qualified consultants will:
- Investigate what hazardous chemical substances are in your workplace
- Determine the risks involved in working with those chemicals
- Provide a solution to prevent your employees from being harmed by these chemicals whether it be PPE, Training, or Toolbox Talks
Step 1 for a Hazardous Chemical Risk Assessment is the Hazardous Chemical Survey, to view and purchase, click on the image below: