This Additional Service ensures that annual load tests, required by the OHS Act, are carried out by qualified lifting material inspectors on all lifting equipment.
This ensures that annual load tests, required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993, are carried out by qualified lifting material inspectors on all lifting equipment, electric hoists, overhead cranes and crawl beams. As per the act your equipment has to be load tested annually to ensure safe and proper working condition.
What to expect:
You can expect an investigation to be done on all your lifting machinery to make sure they are able to continue to sustain the loads they are carrying.
What we offer:
- We outsource our load testing services
- Machinery will be tested to see how much weight it can sustain before failings
- This is done on a yearly basis
- If machinery fails to sustain the same load as before, the machinery should be investigated for faults and repaired
Examples of machinery that has to be load tested:
Below is just a few examples of the types of machinery that is subject to an annual load test:
- Overhead Cranes
- Mewps or mobile elevated working platforms
- Mobile Cranes
- Truck Cranes
- Categorised Lifting Machines
- Lift Trucks
- Tower Cranes and more.