Health and Safety Management Training is a stepping stone for managers towards achieving Health and Safety Compliance as well as understanding the health and safety issues in the workplace. Management plays a vital role in ensure the health and safety in the workplace. Safety is not a responsibility of health and safety representatives and employees alone, but a responsibility of all in the workplace, managers included.
Health and Safety Management Training
Workplaces that are deemed being unhealthy and unsafe can be closed by Inspectors of the Department of Labour, immediately. Health and Safety Management Training enables managers and supervisors to understand their health and safety responsibilities. It also equips them as to how to deal with day to day health and safety matters. Knowing your legal duties in the workplace ensures every activity is performed by the book, hence; achieving health and safety compliance and an incident free workplace.
Who should attend?
This Health and Safety Management Training course is designed for anyone with supervisory or managerial responsibilities who, as part of their role, is required to manage health and safety issues.
Health and Safety Management Training will equip learners with knowledge about all health and safety aspects. The following topics are covered in a health and safety management training course:
- Legal requirements and standards
- Understanding employer’s and employee’s responsibilities
- Health and safety policies
- Safety representatives and safety committees
- Accident investigation
- Management’s role in accident prevention
- Risk identification and assessment
- Applying relevant sections of the current OHS Act
- The implementation and enforcement of selected legislation
- The implementation of other SHE related legislation
- The relationship between legal compliance and system requirements
- Opinion of the legal positions of both employer and employee
- Application of common law principles relating to occupational health and safety in the workplace
- An opinion of the legal position of both employer and employee with motivations in terms of the common law principles applicable to SHE in the workplace
- Apply the law of evidence and the law of civil and criminal procedure in any given case study
- Relevant rules of the law of evidence and the law of civil and criminal procedure are explained
- The rules of the law of evidence and the law of civil and criminal procedures are applied
- Application of principles of the law of delict and the criminal law relevant to accidents that happen in the workplace
- The criminal and / or civil liability negligent party in terms of the principles of the law of delict and / or criminal law are applied
- The legal position of the negligent party in terms of the principles of the law of delict and the criminal law are applied to an accident that occurs in the workplace.
By the end of the Health and Safety Management Training course, managers will be able to:
?� apply basic management principles to safety and health issues
?� recognize safety and health hazards in the workplace
?� ensure that adequate health and safety training and supervision of staff is provided
?� identify what actions should be taken when incidents involving injury or damage occur.
Send your managing team to the capable hands of MAKROSAFE who have been doing the training for many years. Our OHS for Managers training program will leave your team well groomed and skilled to the fullest to conquer all health and safety matters. A combination of our learning methods doubled with our experienced lecturers make the learning experience the best you can ever come across.
Contact us today and schedule your training.
Latest News - Health & Safety Services - Health and Safety Training