The Top 10 Dangers of Smoking
When you smoke you inhale 4000 different chemicals. More than 80 of these can cause severe health problems, in addition to damaging the environment.
Here are the top 10 smoking dangers
- Cancer. This includes lung cancer, which most are aware of, but smoking also puts one at risk for leukemia, cancer of the throat, bladder, cervix, stomach, and many other forms.
- Infant death. Mothers who smoke during pregnancy can cause birth defects or fatality of their baby.
- Gum disease and other oral problems such as ulcers.
- Loss or weakening of eyesight. Smoking also raises the likelihood of developing cataracts.
- Infertility in both men and women, as well as erectile dysfunction. Smoking also results in early menopause.
- Cardiovascular disease, heart attack and stroke. Carbon monoxide, released from the smoke, narrows and stiffens the heart’s arteries.
- Slow-healing wounds. Secondary infection is also more likely. Overcoming illness is trickier because the body’s energy levels remain low, and fatigue is long-term.
- Passive smokers, such as children, can get addicted to nicotine without having touched a cigarette. It can additionally cause coughs, allergies and several other medical conditions.
- Early aging. Hair loss, premature baldness, greying hair, yellow teeth and bad breath. Smoking also results in skin discolouration, with dull tone and deeper lines and wrinkles.
- Chronic Obtrusive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) is the outcome of bronchitis and emphysema combined, and in more than 90 percent of cases, is due to smoking.
Security Industry - Educational Services Industry - Building and Construction Industry - Food Drinks and Tobacco Industry - Wood and Upholstery Industry - Printing and Paper Industry - Chemical Rubber Oil and Paint Industry - Iron Steel Artificial Limbs Galvanizing Garages and Metals Industry - Trade and Commerce Industry - Banking and Insurance Industry - Airline / Aviation Industry - Road Transport Hauliers Industry - Entertainment and Sport Industry - Professional Services / Hospitality Industry - Charitable Religion Political and Trade Organisations Industry - Glass Brick Tiles and Concrete Industry