Safe Operating Procedures and Toolbox Talks
SOP's and Toolbox Talks
Download any of our Safe Operating Procedures here:Download Access
Control at Main Gate Download DB Board
Operations Download Operating
a Forklift Download Using
Toolbox talks are informal group discussions within a workplace regarding specific health and safety issues. Toolbox talks help improve the safety of employees, encourages a greater Health and Safety culture within a workplace and can alert companies to the possible risks their employees face on a daily basis.
A toolbox talk revolves around special topics on safety aspects related to a specific job. Meetings are short and about topics such as workplace hazards and safe work practices. During toolbox talks workers’ knowledge are refreshed, safety checks are covered and experienced workers can provide information.
Keeping your workplace legally Health and Safety Compliant may seem like a daunting task. At MAKROSAFE, we have an experienced team of OHS experts available to assist in keeping your company Health and Safety Compliant according to South African Health and Safety Acts and Regulations.
The MAKROSAFE Health and Safety Risk Control Package will assist you with your Risk Management Programme.
By signing up with our Health and Safety Risk Control Package, MAKROSAFE will assist you with your Risk Management journey.
Why is toolbox talks important?
- Workers get involved in safety matters and reduce safety risks.
- New safety rules are introduced and workers are motivated to follow safe operating procedures.
- Vital information is provided to workers regarding accident causes and preventative actions.
- Planning, preparation, supervision and documentation is emphasized during toolbox talks.
- Toolbox talks are also helpful when reviewing company policies and procedures.
- Workers are encouraged to share their experiences that can help to review safety procedures in future.
How to conduct toolbox talks?
- Schedule the meeting at the beginning of the shift.
- The meeting should be at the job site.
- The meeting should be approximately 10 - 15 minutes.
- Review and discuss the previous meeting.
- Discuss current tasks that need to be done.
- Safety issues such as the use of personal protective equipment, first aid, hazards and emergency procedures should be discussed.
Download any of our toolbox talks here:
Electrical Safety Download
Eye Safety Download Forklift
Basic Safety Download Safe use
of hand tools
Click on the image below to find a SafetyWallet Solution that suits your business (branch specific) and get the 21 benefits along with the subscription: