Road Transport Hauliers Industry Risk Assessment
The Necessity and Importance of Hazard identification and risk assessment for road transport hauliers
The Air & Road Transport Hauliers Industry is a vital part of the South African economy, but it is also a high-risk industry. According to the Department of Employment and Labour (DEL), the transport sector has the highest rate of workplace accidents and fatalities in the country.
Risk assessments are an essential tool for employers in the Air & Road Transport Hauliers Industry to identify and assess the risks associated with their workplaces and activities. This information can then be used to develop and implement control measures to reduce or eliminate the risks.
Any questions? Speak to one of our Experts
Benefits of Risk Assessments for road transport hauliers in South Africa
There are many benefits to conducting risk assessments in the Air & Road Transport Hauliers Industry, including:
- Reduced risk of accidents and injuries: By identifying and assessing the risks associated with their workplaces and activities, employers can develop and implement control measures to reduce or eliminate the risks. This can help to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Improved compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA): The OHSA requires employers to conduct risk assessments in order to identify and control hazards in their workplaces. By conducting risk assessments, employers can ensure that they are complying with the OHSA.
- Reduced insurance premiums: Many insurance companies offer discounts on premiums to employers who have conducted risk assessments and implemented control measures to reduce or eliminate risks.
- Improved morale and productivity: Employees are more likely to be productive and engaged in a workplace where they feel safe. By conducting risk assessments and implementing control measures, employers can create a safer workplace for their employees, which can lead to improved morale and productivity.
How MAKROSAFE Can Assist Employers
MAKROSAFE is a leading provider of health and safety services in South Africa. We can help employers in the Air & Road Transport Hauliers Industry with all aspects of risk assessments, including:
- Identifying hazards: We will help you to identify all of the potential hazards in your workplace.
- Assessing risks: We will assess the risks associated with each hazard and determine the likelihood and severity of potential accidents and injuries.
- Developing and implementing control measures: We will help you to develop and implement control measures to reduce or eliminate the risks associated with each hazard.
- Monitoring and reviewing your risk assessments: We can help you to monitor and review your risk assessments to ensure that they are up-to-date and effective.
If you are an employer in the Air & Road Transport Hauliers Industry, contact Makrosafe today to learn more about how we can help you with risk assessments.
The Air & Road Transport Hauliers Industry is a dynamic and exciting industry. Risk assessments can help employers in this industry to stay ahead of the curve and to create a safer and more productive workplace for their employees.
MAKROSAFE is committed to helping employers in the Air & Road Transport Hauliers Industry to achieve their health and safety goals. We offer a wide range of services, including risk assessments, safe operating procedures, toolbox talks, health and safety courses, and more.
Click on the image below to find a SafetyWallet Solution that suits your business (Branch/Site specific) and get the benefits along with the subscription: