The Health and Safety Learnership is a learning route towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification in Health and Safety. The MAKROSAFE Health and Safety Learnership Programme is a structured learning qualification which is a combination of theoretical and workplace learning. It is directed towards the achievement of a South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) registered qualification and is registered as a level 2 certified qualification.
How beneficial is a health and Safety Learnership for your business?
- A Health and Safety Learnership will benefit your business as workplaces need a health and safety officer to ensure workplace health and safety compliance.
- Training and developing employees has a direct affect on your business.
- Learnerships create an amazing platform for possible recruitment for unemployed learners.
- Companies can maximize their skills development score for its BBBEE scorecard.
- Employers are able to claim grants for each time a learnership agreement is entered into.
- Employers can claim a tax incentive when registering a learnership agreement.
- The tax rebates are beneficial in terms of lowering your training and development budget while actual training is maximizing your BBBEE scorecard.
- Companies that assist their employees to participate in the MAKROSAFE Health and Safety Learnership also assist employees with a clearly defined career path and career goals.
Why should the MAKROSAFE Health and Safety Learnership have a place in your training and development plans?
The new BBBEE codes implemented on the 1st May 2017 indicate that learnerships do have a place in training and development and gives a description of the type of training and development that is beneficial in claiming skills development points.
The MAKROSAFE Health and Safety Learnership enable companies to use the learnership to form part of the company’s skills development plan.
By embarking on a learnership programme your company contributes towards the economic empowerment of individuals.
How can a company sponsor a learnership training programme?
A sponsored learnership is free training for unemployed adults that is sponsored by a company. The training is an outsourced skills development programme that takes place off-site. The training is facilitated by the MAKROSAFE Training Academy. By sponsoring a learnership, companies score points on the Skills Development element of the BBBEE scorecard.
What are the benefits of a sponsored learnership for your Company?
- Companies are able to comply with the BBBEE compliance factors under skills development without having to train their own employees.
- By sponsoring a learnership the MAKROSAFE Training Academy serves as a fully packaged solution for companies to obtain points on the Skills Development element of the BBBEE scorecard.
- Businesses must train within the Economically Active Population (EAP) targets set for the province they operate in. As part of a sponsored learnership programme the MAKROSAFE Training Academy will recruit unemployed community members within the company’s EAP target according to specific demographics and race.
- Classified as category D training on the Learning Programme Matrix (LPM) a sponsored learnership is an occupationally directed instructional and work based learning program that requires a formal contract and that is formally assessed by an accredited body. It is delivered by means of institutional instruction together with structured, supervised experiential learning in the workplace. This combination of theoretical knowledge and workplace learning results in the achievement of a SAQA registered qualification or certificate issued by an accredited or registered formal institution of learning.
- A sponsored learnership is a full qualification that helps a business with its BBBEE scorecard and to earn points based on the required criteria.
- Upon completion of the sponsored learnership the company will receive all the necessary documents that can be submitted to their BEE Verification Agency.
- These documents can also be used to claim the skills development grant from the relevant SETA.
- Companies that sponsor a learnership limits its daily responsibilities of in-house learnerships and gain the benefits of a skills development programme.
Documents included in a sponsored learnership
- A formal learnership agreement
- Certified copies of learners ID
- Daily signed attendance registers
- A learners demographic report
- An enrolment report
- A motivation report
- A verified auditor’s report