A Health and Safety Compliance Certificate is a certifying document that asserts and approves a workplace as legally compliant with the Occupational Health and Safety Act requirements. This certificate is proof that a company has met and passed all legal standards required by law to create a healthy and safe working environment for all.
Health and Safety Compliance Audit
A Health and Safety Compliance Audit is the most important factor in South African workplaces, to ensure that you comply to the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, standards and by-laws. Read our blog – 21 Tips for Health and Safety Compliance,
with a poster available for download – Click Here
Overview of Health & Safety Compliance Audit
When is a Health & Safety Compliance Certificate Issued?
A Health and Safety Compliance Certificate is issued after a workplace has been subjected to a Health and Safety Compliance Audit. The Compliance Audit is usually done by means of a complete workplace risk assessment. Health and safety audits are conducted by auditors. These auditors should be from health and safety practicing institutes which are registered with relevant national boards. The auditors will be on the lookout for hazards and any workplace risks that may jeopardize the health and safety of anybody who works or uses the premises. Safety control measures will also be assessed for efficiency. After premises have satisfactory been found to be without any risk, potential future risk, hazards and meets all relevant standards, they can be declared legally compliant and safe to continue operating. The company can then be issued with a Health and Safety Compliance Certificate.
How Long is a Health & Safety Compliance Certificate Valid For?
A Health and Safety Compliance Certificate is valid for a year. Every year, companies should have another audit conducted at their premises as per legal stipulations. A year is a long time and new hazards may occur due to ever-changing workplaces. It is essential that yearly assessments are conducted.
What to Expect from MAKROSAFE's Health & Safety Compliance Audit?
- Legally compliant workplaces.
- Experienced auditors will identify gaps within your OHS programme.
- Client feedback after every follow up visit to update the client on the compliance rate of their workplace.
- Audit protocols are updated regularly to ensure workplaces remain legally compliant.
- Compliance certificates are issued annually.
Who will Benefit from a Health & Safety Compliance Audit?
Both the company/employer and the employees will benefit greatly from having an experienced OHS auditor conduct a Health and Safety Compliance Audit. MAKROSAFE will ensure that you receive assistance to align Health and Safety in the workplace with your company's goals.
What we offer
- ViewIT™. (online filing system and porthole to view current status of your programme) ×
- Health & Safety compliance audit ××
- Hosting your Health & Safety Programme on the cloud. ×
- Injuries on Duty (IOD) support ×
- Once off issue of OHS Act book and Poster Pack ×
- Training First Aid (1 delegate) ×
- Training Basic Fire Fighting (1 delegate) ×
- Unlimited Health and Safety e-learning training (currently 4 courses) ×
- Consulting quarterly ×
- Monthly reports ×
- Annual compliance certificate ×
- Annual industry award recognition ×
- Access to Appointment Letters Templates ×
- Access to Inspection Templates ×
- Access to Inspection Work Instructions Templates ×
- Access to toolbox Talks Templates ×
- Telephonic Support on Workmen’s Compensation queries ×
- Telephonic Support on Department of Labour queries and inspections ×
- Telephonic Support with implementing Occupational Health & Safety Act ×
✔✔ - Included in the package price.
✔ - Value added services to the package.